Barriers torn down: violence at spvgg greuther furth vs. Regensburg game

barriers torn down: violence at spvgg greuther furth vs. regensburg game
  • Violent clashes at second division match in furth
  • About 100 violent ultras arrived from regensburg
  • Several people were arrested

According to the police, about 400 regensburg fans arrived at the further train station before the second league match in furth on saturday at 1 p.M. At about 10:45 a.M. Among them were also about 100 members and supporters of the regensburg ultra-groups.

In contrast to the predominantly peaceful fans, the latter refused to board the shuttle buses provided and wanted to march through the further city center to the stadium. This was prevented by the police due to security concerns.

In the further course the group tried to break through the police barrier by force. Furthermore, the police officers were pelted with bottles and road signs. To prevent the breakout, the officers had to use direct force, including batons. Finally, the people boarded the shuttle bus and were directed to the stadium.

Once in the stadium, the supporters of the ultra groups refused to enter the guest block. In the second half of the program, they used megaphone announcements to encourage fans from the guest block to leave the block as well.

Several hundred fans complied with this request, so that there were about 300 people behind the guest block. To get there, they tore down a barrier. Also here it came to attacks on police officers among other things with bottle throwing. In this context, the officers used pepper spray and separated about 80 members of the ultra-groups from the peaceful fans.

After the end of the game, they were escorted by separate shuttle buses to the main train station in nurnberg.

Four violent fans of the greuther furth soccer team were taken into custody shortly before the start of the game, as they attempted to attack peaceful fans of the guests.

In the course of the incident, a total of three police officers and about a dozen guest fans were slightly injured. A total of 6 people were arrested. Investigation proceedings were initiated against several persons, among others on suspicion of assault on police officers, bodily injury and insulting offenses.

Danger 10.800 spectators watched the match in the stadium.

Among them were about 1600 fans of the visiting team. Game ended in a draw with a score of 1:1.

Violence is always a problem on the pitch as well.A referee was attacked during a B-class match in the erlangen/pegnitzgrund district.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.